• Two Ways Out
• Location of the nearest fire alarm pull station
• Location of the nearest fire extinguisher
• Location of the nearest telephone (not counting cell phones)
• The street address and building number/name where you are
• The emergency number you dial to summon campus emergency responders
• The smoke alarm near your sleeping area and when it was last tested
• The location of the nearest AED and first aid kit/station
This is not a comprehensive list by any means, but these few items will help ensure that a student can escape a dangerous situation and summon help to assist others.
Take a moment to gather situational awareness when you enter a new environment....and work to maintain your awareness of your surroundings, the hazards around you, the people nearby, and what those people are doing. Situational awareness.....get it.....keep it.....LIVE with it!
Take care and stay safe.