Fire Chief Tim Butler

Fire Chief Tim Butler
Thanks for checking out my web log! My radio call sign in Saint Paul is "Car 1." Join me as we go "On Scene" to the fire stations, training evolutions, emergency incidents, and community events in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Let's share perspectives on the issues facing our Department, our community, and the American Fire Service!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

DAY 21 - FLAT CHOP II

I just got in from the backyard, where Jack and I ran through another test of the Flat Chop prop. 1 minute, 36 seconds! YES!!!!

Key lessons learned tonight boil down to just 2: DIG IT IN (the ax tip) and DIG IT OUT (guts, determination, grit, etc)!!

I am as ready as I'll be for tomorrow's test, and at least I know I have the right technique and can do it in less than 2 minutes. Now for some restful, restorative sleep.....after I review seven chapters from the textbook and a half-dozen SOPs before tomorrow morning's test!! :)

The written test tomorrow morning will be followed by practical exams on one- and two-person ladder carries and raises, salvage tarp folding and tossing, and then...the FLAT CHOP practical!

Command, this is Car One on the Roof Division: send in the attack team - I'll have this roof open in 90 seconds!!!!

Good night, all! I hope it's safe and restful.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment